Latest changes to COVID-19 restrictions
Wales is currently at coronavirus alert level four with strict measures in place to limit the spread of the virus
The restrictions are changing frequently, so it’s important that you check on the Welsh Government website before visiting or travelling to Wales or within Wales. Welsh Government – Coronavirus regulations.
Wales is currently at coronavirus alert level four, with strict measures in place to limit the spread of the virus.
More information from the First Minister’s statement 19 December 2020.
More information about coronavirus alert levels in Wales.
Short term timeline:
From midnight, 19 December 2020
- Alert level four. Non-essential retail, close contact services, gyms and leisure centres and hospitality close at the end of trading. Stay-at-home restrictions also come into effect from midnight.
25 December 2020 (Christmas Day)
- Two households are permitted to join to form a Christmas bubble.
26 December 2020
- Wales returns to alert level four.
Specific guidance for 25 December 2020
Within Wales, on 25 December 2020:
- you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of no more than two households;
- you can only be in one Christmas bubble;
- you cannot change your Christmas bubble; and
- you can travel anywhere within the UK for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble.
Remember – you do not have to form a Christmas bubble. The more people you see, the more likely it is that you will catch or spread coronavirus (COVID-19). You can spread coronavirus to others even if you and the people you meet have no symptoms. You and the other people in your Christmas bubble need to consider these risks carefully before agreeing to form a bubble.
You should consider ways to celebrate Christmas in other ways, such as the use of technology and meeting outdoors, without bringing households together or travelling between different parts of the country. Forming a bubble if you are vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable carries additional risks.
Please refer to the following links for further information on specific areas relating to COVID-19:
- Coronavirus regulations: Frequently asked questions
- Business operators based in Wales can visit Business Wales for advice and guidance.
- Travel Trade operators can visit the Travel Trade website for advice and guidance.
- We would urge anyone that has any concerns over their own health to use the NHS Coronavirus Symptom Checker.
- If you have any questions relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit the Public Health Wales website.
- Further information from Welsh Government and UK Government is updated on a regular basis.