A new era for tourism in Pembrokeshire
Visit Pembrokeshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for Pembrokeshire. It is business led and brings together the public, private and third sectors to work in partnership to grow tourism sustainably for the good of Pembrokeshire.
Formed in November 2020, Visit Pembrokeshire provides tourism leadership and advocacy and delivers a wide range of activities including destination marketing, industry liaison and support, research and intelligence and event support. It also coordinates delivery of the 2020-25 Pembrokeshire Destination Management Plan which sets out priorities around which we can unite as a destination.
Through delivering the DMP we expect:
- The value of the visitor economy in Pembrokeshire to increase by 10% in real terms over 5 years
- At 25% of that value to be generated between October and March
- 75% of tourism businesses to be actively engaged with the Pembrokeshire brand
- Pembrokeshire to become a top 5 UK destination of choice
In order to achieve our targets, we have established 5 strategic priorities in the medium term. In summary, they are:
- Shared narrative and brand
- Events and seasonality
- Responsible and sustainable
- Wellbeing and active
- Brilliant basics