A new era for tourism in Pembrokeshire
Visit Pembrokeshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for Pembrokeshire and brings together the public, private and third sector to help drive growth and development within the key tourism & hospitality economic sector.
Formed in November 2020 and still in its infancy, Visit Pembrokeshire will be led by the trade and will focus on a range of diverse activities including tourism leadership and advocacy, destination marketing, campaign and project delivery, industry liaison and support, research and intelligence and event support.
The DMO is working to a clear set of priorities around which the destination, members and partners can unite. Those priorities are laid out in Destination Management Plan (DMP) 2020-2025 and our ambition is to grow tourism for the good of Pembrokeshire.
Through delivering the DMP we expect:
- The value of the visitor economy in Pembrokeshire to increase by 10% in real terms over 5 years
- At 25% of that value to be generated between October and March
- 75% of tourism businesses to be actively engaged with the Pembrokeshire brand
- Pembrokeshire to become a top 5 UK destination of choice
In order to achieve our targets, we have established 5 strategic priorities in the medium term. In summary, they are:
- Shared narrative and brand
- Events and seasonality
- Responsible and sustainable
- Wellbeing and active
- Brilliant basics
A full copy of the Destination Management Plan can be downloaded here.