Privacy notice – Visit Pembrokeshire
This privacy notice will help you understand what personal information Visit Pembrokeshire collects from you in order to provide you with information about visiting the area, how we store and use that information, and the choices you have when you have provided us with your personal information.
Who we are
VisitPembrokeshire.com is owned and managed by the Tourism Team within the Pembrokeshire County Council. The Tourism Team is the official provider of tourist information for Pembrokeshire
Newsletter privacy notice
If you sign up to the Visit Pembrokeshire newsletter then we will only use your personal information to administer your email account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
We will send you news and information that we feel will be of interest to you from time to time based on your interest and holiday companion preferences or your geographical location.
If you also consent to be contacted for research purposes then you may be selected to receive a tourism-related research questionnaire from time to time and completing the annual survey questionnaire is voluntary.
In this case, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent expressed by selecting an adequate checkbox when subscribing to the newsletter.
You are always free to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us or you can email us at email@example.com or contact the Pembrokeshire County Council contact centre on 01437 764551 during opening hours between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s day.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
The data provided in the newsletter subscription form will be stored in the mailing system database for the duration of the website activity unless you decide not to receive the newsletter which will result in deleting the data from the database.
Access to my personal information?
You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a subject access request under the General Data Protection Act Regulations 2016. To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put your request in writing addressing it to:
Access to Records Team
Pembrokeshire County Council
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you, not all rights will apply it will depend on the legal basis for processing your data.
- The right to be Informed – Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency required under the GDPR
- The right of Access – you are entitled to request access to and a copy of the information we hold about you
- The right to Rectification – you have the right to ask to have your information corrected.
- The right to Erasure – this is not an absolute right and will depend on the reason for processing your personal information
- The right to Data Portability – This only applies to data processing that is carried out by automated means
- The right to Restrict processing may apply – you may request that we stop processing your personal data however, this may delay or prevent us from delivering a service to you. We will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties.
- The right to Object – this is not an absolute right and will depend on the reason for processing your personal information.
Complaints or Queries.
Pembrokeshire County Council endeavours to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this seriously. We encourage people to bring to our attention if they believe that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
This privacy notice does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Pembrokeshire County Council
Telephone: 01437 764551
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as the statutory body which oversees data protection law:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone No: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this privacy notice.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review