The Pembrokeshire Coast Path
The Pembrokeshire Coast Path National Trail hugs the coastline for 186 miles or 299km of some of the most breathtaking coastal scenery in Britain.
From St Dogmaels in the north to Amroth in the south, the trail covers almost every kind of maritime landscape from steep limestone cliffs, undulating red sandstone bays, volcanic headlands, beaches, estuaries and flooded glacial valleys.
Lying almost entirely within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, the trail displays an array of coastal flowers and bird life, as well as evidence of human activity from Neolithic times to the present.
The Pembrokeshire Coast Path is the best walk I’ve done - ever!
Ian, New Zealand
Completing the Coast Path in one go, taking on average between 10 to 15 days, is quite an undertaking. The ascents and descent are said to be the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest – 35,000 feet!
Most visitors walk a short section at a time, adding a piece to the jigsaw each time they visit and make good use of the coastal bus service, which serves the rural communities and coast path walkers.
Use the map below to navigate through our suggested coast path stages comprising of 15 one day walks.
Coastal Path stages
- Amroth to Lydstep11½ Miles
- Lydstep to St Govans14½ Miles
- St Govans to Angle17 Miles
- Angle to Pembroke11 Miles
- Pembroke to Milford Haven14 Miles
- Milford Haven to Dale9 Miles
- Dale to Martins Haven10½ Miles
- Martins Haven to Nolton Haven14 Miles
- Nolton Haven to Caerfai12 Miles
- Caerfai to Whitesands9½ Miles
- Whitesands to Trefin11 Miles
- Trefin to Strumble12½ Miles
- Strumble to Pwllgwaelod13 Miles
- Pwllgwaelod to Newport7 Miles
- Newport to St Dogmaels14 Miles
Coast Path facts
- Opened in 1970, the Pembrokeshire Coast Path was the first National Trail in Wales
- It runs for 186 miles or 299 km from St Dogmaels to Amroth
- It passes 58 beaches and 14 harbours
- The Pembrokeshire coastal bus service covers the entire path
- Total rise and fall over entire length of path is approx 35,000 feet - that's as high as Everest!
- The Pembrokeshire Coast Path is part of the Wales Coast Path stretching 870 miles right around Wales