Ynglŷn â Stepaside Ironworks and Colliery
The Pembrokeshire Coal and Ironworks Company opened the iron works in 1849.
The ore was obtained largely from levels driven in the cliffs between Saundersfoot and Amroth and transported by the branch line of the Saundersfoot Railway, which also carried pig iron to Saundersfoot for export.
In its final stage the Iron Works consisted of 2 blast furnaces, blowing engines, coke ovens, workshops and lime kilns. The Works were only moderately successful: no pig iron was produced after 1874 and work ceased in 1877.
The workshops were retained for service to local collieries until 1930
Open from December to December.
- Open All Year
- Disabled Access
- Parking (free)