Ynglŷn â Discover Walking Pembrokeshire
We are the only business in Pembrokeshire dedicated to teaching you the walking skills you need to gain the most from your time in the great outdoors and as a true life skill they will reward you every time you use them!
Our approach is simple: this is all about You – ‘Your journey, at Your pace’. You remain in control because it is your holiday and we will do our utmost to go that extra mile and to fit in around what you want and when.
Our aim is to provide you with the skills you need to be able to walk safely and react competently to any unexpected situation. These are the essential life skills that will give you the confidence to get out there and explore the hills and moorlands.
We offer very flexible packages suited to the complete novice walker through to those who have some experience but would like to know more. The packages include helping you to understand the following:
* Route planning to ensure your walks deliver what you are looking for.
* Navigational skills with the map and the compass and some simple techniques to keep you on track.
* The impact of the weather on your route: and where to find out about the weather forecast.
* What you should carry with you, just in case.
* Clothing and ‘layer management’ – keeping you at the right temperature.
* What to do if something goes wrong!
Accommodation. We have two country cottages accredited by Visit Wales as 4* and occupants have access to an on-site map and reference room, individual cottage drying rooms and a secure bike store. These facilities are free of additional charge if staying in the cottages.
The cost of our walking skills package depend upon any previous experience you have; how much time you want to devote to learning new skills; and whether you want personal tuition or are happy to go in a small group. The latter often helps to improve confidence as the group soon start to enjoy themselves and interact with each other. Give us a call if you want to know more (01239 821631) or visit our website/Facebook/Twitter page.
Open from December to December.
- Groups welcome
- Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter