About Twr y Felin Hotel
Originally a windmill built in 1806, Twr y Felin is, along with the cathedral, the only high-rise structure in St Davids. Purposely positioned on the peninsula to harvest the ever-blowing winds, it lasted as a working windmill for 100 years, before the sails fell off just one too many times. Reinvention saved it then, as it has time and again. Becoming a hotel gave the building a new life, and it has remained mostly so ever since. Then it was a temperance hotel, today it is Wales’ first contemporary art hotel, filled with over 150 specially commissioned artworks and sculptures by 20 Welsh, British and international artists.
Designed to challenge the traditional, inside you’ll discover a contemporary space, accented with bespoke handcrafted furniture, linen wallpaper, and velveteen sofas.
The original windmill tower is the obvious space for the best room in house. The three floor suite includes its’ very own observatory, which boasts spectacular 360 degree views of the St Davids peninsula and beyond. On a clear day, the islands of Skomer, Grassholm and Ramsey, pierce the horizon of St Brides Bay, whilst the Preseli Hills offer a mountainous backdrop to the mostly marine landscape.
At Twr y Felin, the contemporary and traditional meet in the middle. The interior is modern, luxurious and easy, whilst the welcome is typically Welsh, warm and enveloping, our best tradition!
£250.00 - £500.00 per room per night
Open all year.
- Bed linen free of charge
- Central heating
- Commission to travel agents
- Credit Debit card accepted
- Ground floor rooms
- Group bookings
- Liquor licence/licensed club or bar on park
- Private Gardens
- Private Parking
- Radio in rooms
- Short Breaks available
- Special Christmas and New Year packages
- Tea coffee facilities in rooms
- Totally non smoking
- TV in room/unit/static caravan
- Vegetarian diets
- Wifi Internet Access
Follow signs for the A487 to St Davids and continue along the A487 for 15 miles passing through Newgale and Solva.
After entering St Davids, take second left into Caerfai Road and then the third left into Twr y Felin Hotel.
Follow A40 Haverfordwest until sign for A4219 to St Davids.
Turn right onto A4219 and follow road around and over railway bridge to T- junction with the A487. At T- junction turn left onto A487, signposted to St Davids.
Continue along the A487 for 12 miles to St Davids.
Follow the one way system along New Street to the T-junction.
Turn left onto the High Street, turn right onto Caerfai Road and then take the third left into Twr y Felin Hotel.
You can also plan your journey by car using www.theaa.com/route-planner. Simply enter your postcode and ours, which is SA62 6QT to get your travel options or directions.
You can plan your journey by public transport using www.traveline-cymru.info:
- The nearest international airport to Twr y Felin Hotel is Cardiff Airport, 111 miles away. Or Haverfordwest Airport which provides air charters is 7 miles away – www.flywales.co.uk.
- The nearest railway station is in the town of Haverfordwest, 16 miles from St Davids. Trains from Haverfordwest connect with services at Swansea. By train from Paddington (London) to Haverfordwest is 4.5 hours.
- Taxis are usually available at Haverfordwest train station. We can book one for you in advance at approximately £45 each way.
- The nearest bus stop for the T11 Fishguard – St Davids – Haverfordwest service (operated by Richards Bros) is located on New Street, St Davids, please ask your bus driver to stop here. The bus stop is approximately 500m from Twr y FelinHotel. Visit www.richardsbros.co.uk for the latest timetables.