About Penrhiw Hotel
The definition of tranquillity, Penrhiw Priory is a retreat for the mind, body and soul. Built in 1884 by the Church in Wales as a Vicarage, it thereafter became a home and a guesthouse, before returning to its religious roots as a priory for nuns in the 1960s. Following their departure in 1985, it once again became a host for leisure guests drawn to St Davids, and has been so ever since.
Restored with the utmost care, original features subtly contrast the modern interiors. Suede wallpaper, generous sofas, and art inspired by the beauty of nature, evoke a warmth throughout which extends into the exterior.
Lush landscaped gardens contrast the wild flower meadow carpeted with yellow pea- like flowers of bird’s-foot trefoil, purple thistle-like heads of black knapweed, and cheerful white heads of the oxeye daisy, while in spring, the woodland becomes a sea of daffodils and bluebells.
The priory’s spiritual past breathes a calming energy, protected by the elegant, purple hued stone of Caerbwdi Bay, the same stone that shelters the historic 6th century cathedral that lies in the valey below, just a few hundred metres further along the channel of the River Alun.
A stone’s throw from the city and beach, the location is unrivalled. At Whitesands Bay, the striking hills of Carn Llidi can be summited for breath taking views of Ramsey Island, and St Davids Head, whilst inland; the tips of the cathedral extend above the treetops to remind you of its’ grandeur.
The coast path is close too. Miles and miles of it, waiting for you to explore.
£200 - £250 per room per night
Open all year.
- Bed linen free of charge
- Broadband Connection available
- Central heating
- Childrens play area on park
- Credit Debit card accepted
- Disabled access statement available
- Evening meal arrangement
- Ground floor rooms
- Group bookings
- Liquor licence/licensed club or bar on park
- Private Gardens
- Private Parking
- Radio in rooms
- Short Breaks available
- Tea coffee facilities in rooms
- Totally non smoking
- TV in room/unit/static caravan
- Vegetarian diets
- Wifi Internet Access
Read our access statement in full HERE
You can plan your journey by public transport using www.traveline-cymru.info:
- The nearest international airport to Penrhiw Priory is Cardiff Airport, 111 miles away. Or Haverfordwest Airport which provides air charters is 7 miles away – www.flywales.co.uk.
- The nearest railway station is in the town of Haverfordwest, 16 miles from St Davids. Trains from Haverfordwest connect with services at Swansea. By train from Paddington (London) to Haverfordwest is 4.5 hours.
- Taxis are usually available at Haverfordwest train station. We can book one for you in advance at approximately £45 each way.
- The nearest bus stop for the T11 Fishguard – St Davids – Haverfordwest service (operated by Richards Bros) is located on Nun Street, St Davids, please ask your bus driver to stop here. The bus stop is approximately 500m from Penrhiw Priory. Visit www.richardsbros.co.uk for the latest timetables.