Ynglŷn â Banc-yr-Eithin Vintage Caravan
A haven of peace and tranquillity – perfect for couples, walkers and nature lovers – our cute vintage caravan is tucked away in its own garden in beautiful 3-acre grounds, 15 minutes by car from the beaches and Coast Path at Newport and 10 minutes’ walk from the Preseli Hills.
With a wood-burning stove in the snug and underfloor heating in the spacious bathroom, the cottage is warm and cosy whatever the weather. There’s a king-size bed (with 100% cotton, professionally laundered linen) in the mezzanine bedroom, a bath and separate shower in the bathroom, a well equipped kitchen and dining area, and a covered seating area in the garden, with a bbq and firepit.
Guests can also use our sauna (with ice bucket shower)…explore our extensive grounds, filled with wildflowers in summer…sit by our spring-fed pond to watch dragonflies…play ping pong/pool/table football in the barn (perhaps accompanied by a drink from the honesty bar and music from the large selection of vinyl records)…and use our tandem kayak (stored at a beautiful local bay) to explore the stunning Pembrokeshire coast.
“The best Airbnb I have ever stayed in. Fantastic stylish place, very private, in the most wonderful location. Lovely hosts and exquisite garden.”
“The caravan and surrounding garden is beautiful – the perfect place to relax, be at peace and enjoy nature at your doorstep. The caravan is well equipped with everything you may need with the bonus of the sauna! The bathroom is spacious and wonderfully decorated, we really enjoyed the underfloor heating throughout the caravan and bathroom, definitely helped with the colder nights. We loved the little touches inside and outside the caravan and really enjoyed using the fire pit. Hugh and Susannah were fantastic hosts and very accommodating. They provided plenty of information about near by walks, places to eat and things to do! We couldn’t be happier with our stay and hope to be back!”
More about Banc-yr-Eithin vintage caravan
- King-size bed with professionally laundered, 100% cotton bedding
- Compact but well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and two stools, combi oven, 2-ring ceramic hob, fridge, coffee machine (with starter pack of pods), cafetiere, slow cooker and culinary basics
- Snuggly sofa, great for watching “bird TV” on the feeders directly outside the window
- Underfloor heating in the caravan and the large, recently refurbished private bathroom which is adjacent to the caravan
- Selection of books and games
- Outside: private garden with covered seating area, table and four chairs, Weber kettle bbq, firepit, luxury XL hammock.
Guests staying in Banc-yr-Eithin caravan (and our cosy bluestone cottage) are welcome to use the following free of charge:
- Sauna (with bucket shower) – one per week (£5 for additional ones)
- Table tennis, pool table, table football, darts, honesty bar (with ice maker), wood burner, vinyl record player and CD player in the barn
- Tandem kayak – stored at a beautiful local bay
- Portable Weber bbq, picnic bags, cool boxes etc
- Seasoned wood from the garden for the wood burner and firepit
Guests are also welcome to store bikes, surfboards etc in our barn. Car parking is available close by and guests can unload bags etc very close to the caravan.
We have our own spring water, filtered and UV sterilised, with no chemicals involved except salt. The hot water and electricity is provided by PV solar panels backed up by grid electricity.
Open all year.
- Advanced booking in peak time
- Bed linen free of charge
- Dogs by arrangement
- Private Gardens
- Private Parking
- Radio in rooms
- Short Breaks available
- Washing machine launderette available
- Wifi Internet Access
Banc-yr-Eithin is situated in a peaceful and private location at the end of a very quiet 1-mile single track lane (with passing places!) off the Crosswell to Crymych road. Although the location feels wonderfully remote, you can drive to Newport in 15 mins and to Cardigan in 20 mins.
Please note that the last 1/4 of a mile of the track is unpaved and suffers from potholes, especially after wet weather. But it’s fine in an ordinary car (that’s all we have!) if you take it slowly.