Ynglŷn â Banc-yr-Eithin Cottage
A haven of peace and tranquillity – perfect for couples, walkers and nature lovers – our cosy bluestone cottage is situated in beautiful 3-acre grounds, 15 minutes by car from the beaches and Coast Path at Newport and 10 minutes’ walk from the Preseli Hills.
With a wood-burning stove in the snug and underfloor heating in the spacious bathroom, the cottage is warm and cosy whatever the weather. There’s a king-size bed (with 100% cotton, professionally laundered linen) in the mezzanine bedroom, a bath and separate shower in the bathroom, a well equipped kitchen and dining area, and a covered seating area in the garden, with a bbq and firepit.
Guests can also use our sauna (with ice bucket shower)…explore our extensive grounds, filled with wildflowers in summer…sit by our spring-fed pond to watch dragonflies…play ping pong/pool/table football in the barn (perhaps accompanied by a drink from the honesty bar and music from the large selection of vinyl records)…and use our tandem kayak (stored at a beautiful local bay) to explore the stunning Pembrokeshire coast.
What recent guests say…
“If you long for a peaceful retreat from the hurly burly of life, look no further. If you can tear yourself from the beautiful surroundings, with sauna, mini gym, and other recreational activities…you have the use of a kayak…and proximity to a wealth of Pembrokeshire beauty.”
“Expect everything and you will not be disappointed.”
“HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! 🤩❤️This is literally the best Airbnb that we have ever stayed in. Everything about our experience was absolutely perfect!”
“This is by far the best Airbnb I’ve stayed at. The setting was beautiful, secluded and quiet. The cottage was even more beautiful than it looks in the photos. Everything was clean, the kitchen contained everything you need and more. The hospitality was great. I will definitely be back.”
“We had the most perfect weekend away at Banc-yr-Eithin. The hosts were very welcoming and accommodating to our needs, the cottage was probably the nicest Airbnb we’ve ever stayed in, we’d live there if we could.”
“Superb cottage, right out of a fairy tale. Everything about the place was perfect.”
“An absolute gem, secluded location, beautiful place and wildlife all around.”
“We enjoyed 10 days at the cottage; it was extremely cosy and comfortable – a great layout and we loved the log fire in the evenings. Only 15 mins by car from Newport, it is the perfect location for exploring the coast and the Preseli Hills.”
More about Banc-yr-Eithin cottage
- Mezzanine bedroom: king-size bed (with professionally laundered, 100% cotton bedding) and star-gazing skylight
- Cosy snug (“cwtch”): snuggly sofa, chaise longue, wood-burning stove (free wood), satellite TV and DVD player
- Kitchen: freestanding cooker/oven, microwave, fridge, coffee machine (with starter pack of pods), cafetiere, slow cooker and culinary basics
- Dining area: table and 4 chairs
- Large bathroom: bath, separate shower and underfloor heating (bath and hand towels, shampoo, shower gel and handwash supplied).
- Large selection of books, DVDs and games.
- Outside: covered outdoor seating/dining area for the sole use of cottage guests, Weber kettle bbq, firepit, luxury XL hammock.
Guests staying in Banc-yr-Eithin cottage (and our cute and cosy vintage caravan which is tucked away in another part of our garden) are welcome to use the following free of charge:
- Sauna (with bucket shower) – one per week (£5 for additional ones)
- Table tennis, pool table, table football, darts, honesty bar (with ice maker), wood burner, vinyl record player and CD player in the barn
- Tandem kayak – stored at a beautiful local bay
- Portable Weber bbq, picnic bags, cool boxes etc
- Seasoned wood from the garden for the wood burner and firepit
Guests are also welcome to store bikes, surfboards etc in our barn. Car parking is available close by and guests can unload bags etc directly outside the cottage.
We have our own spring water, filtered and UV sterilised, with no chemicals involved except salt. The hot water and electricity is provided by PV solar panels backed up by grid electricity.
Open all year.
- Advanced booking in peak time
- Bed linen free of charge
- Dogs by arrangement
- Private Gardens
- Private Parking
- Short Breaks available
- Washing machine launderette available
- Wifi Internet Access
Banc-yr-Eithin is situated in a peaceful and private location at the end of a very quiet 1-mile single track lane (with passing places!) off the Crosswell to Crymych road. Although the location feels wonderfully remote, you can drive to Newport in 15 mins and to Cardigan in 20 mins.
Please note that the last 1/4 of a mile of the track is unpaved and suffers from potholes, especially after wet weather. But it’s fine in an ordinary car (that’s all we have!) if you take it slowly.