About Natural Dye Craft Courses
Start your natural dyeing journey here, in the rural SA37 postcode area of Pembrokeshire – nearest villages are Boncath and Crymych and the coastal towns of Newport and Cardigan in West Wales. Learn how to hand dye protein fibres (animal fibres such as sheep wool, alpaca, yak and silk) or cellulose fibres (plant fibres such as cotton, linen, hemp and bamboo) using natural dyes.
These natural dye workshops are a hands-on learning experience using ancient natural dyes such as Madder, Weld, and Cochineal, to name a few, in their natural form as well as extract. You will leave with the knowledge to successfully dye yarn and fabrics with lasting colour to use in your projects at home.
About the Courses – What to Expect
- Suitable for beginners and those with some experience
- Expert tuition by Tutor, as featured in the Knitter magazine
- All these natural dyeing workshops are held in a professional, purpose designed FelinFach Dye Studio
- One Tutor and a maximum number of four students.
- Hands-on practical course with 6 hours (3.5 hours on Taster Courses) of guided tuition
- All materials and equipment provided
Open from February to November.
The Workshop is not open to the public – it is open to course attendees only.
Natural Dye Courses are available from February to November. Course Dates – Click here…
Free Car parking on site.
Courses/workshops can be purchased online. Each course has a maximum of four people – groups of up to four are welcome.
- Groups welcome
Located in the rural SA37 postcode area of Pembrokeshire – nearest villages are Boncath and Crymych and the coastal towns of Newport and Cardigan in West Wales. Most sat nav’s take you to a farm some one mile away. If you decide to book a course, we will send you a map!
No public transport available.