Listed as the UK’s No1 Food Festival by the Independent and known as one of the tastiest festivals in Europe, Pembrokeshire Fish Week offers a variety of eating out events for all tastes. From fish themed nights, taster menus, BBQ’s, tapas, to traditional fish and chips. Take the opportunity to mix your eating out experience with a friendly pub quiz or enjoy entertainment from some of the counties talented musicians.
Some 2014 highlights
- The festival week begins on Saturday 28th June with a big opening day for families and foodies at Milford Docks. As well as the stalls with plenty of tasty treats, you can learn how to make your own in one of the cookery demonstrations and workshops (for children and grown up’s). Also live music from the stage, walk about entertainment, art and craft workshops, pavement painting, visit a tall ship and a fishy treasure trail to name just a few.
- If you want to have a go at some cooking yourself, there are master class workshops. New for 2014 will be a Back to Basics Fish Filleting and Cookery Workshop.
- New for this year is Pembroke Castle’s ‘Prawns’, or rather ‘Proms’ in the Castle with music from the Welsh Philharmonic Orchestra, plus fireworks to create a fitting finale to the festival week. Bring your own fish themed picnic!
- For heritage and angling fans, Cilgerran Castle will be hosting coracle fishing throughout the week.
- This year’s celebrity chef seafood Masterclass will be at the Torch Theatre in Milford Haven on July 2nd.
- Get outdoors over the week with plenty of activities to whet your appetite from guided coastal walks, seashore foraging to snorkelling sessions.
- For those wanting to get some fresh sea air and an adrenaline buzz, there are plenty of opportunities to join some of the County’s leading coastal activity leaders to try a number of activities from Coasteering, Surfing, to Kayaking
- Or why not choose a more relaxing river boat trip, stop off to enjoy a delicious lunch and a local beer.
- For those wanting to have a go at fishing or simply improve their skills, there will be fishing boat trips as well as plenty of lessons and taster days. Not forgetting fishing competitions with cash prizes for the more experienced angler.
- There are also lots of great events to keep families busy including beach exploration sessions, wildlife watching or discovery river paddles.
- Also art and craft drop in sessions and story times for the younger members of the family.
Pembrokeshire Fish Week is organised by Pembrokeshire County Council and part-funded by the Welsh Government.
To find out more about all the events and activities happening across Pembrokeshire Fish Week check out their web site www.pembrokeshirefishweek.co.uk