DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
GLASCOED FARM HOLIDAY COTTAGES
26 June 2008
The buildings are historic. The first written conveyance available (in Latin) is dated 1540 (Library of Wales, Aberystwyth). We have converted the buildings, which comprise the original main farmhouse and the coach house, as sympathetically as possible to provide good access in general terms: but in buildings of this age it must be appreciated there is limited scope for further adaptation for wheel chairs or other disabled aids.
The Old Farmhouse has a ground-floor double bedroom suite, which includes a large bathroom accessed by two steps down (with handrail). The bedroom is on the same level as the main living accommodation, which is very helpful for those with more limited mobility: and precludes the need to use the main staircase to the first floor.
We remain committed to assisting those who are less physically able and will be pleased to answer questions about the suitability of the buildings for any potential client.
Glascoed Farm Cottages