Access Statement For Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Introduction Fields Lodge is 4 bedroom Bed & Breakfast Dormer Bungalow located in a quiet setting of the village of Herbrandston. Built in cica 1930s there are some features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. The bungalow is accessed by climbing 1 step to the front door. We have 3 rooms on ground level, 1 room at first-floor level. None of the rooms are suitable for wheelchair access.
Lying on the edge of the village in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Herbrandston is a picturesque village with a villages green and quaint cottages. The village offers a Post Office & Village Shop and a church a traditional village pub.
Fields Lodge is an ideal base from which to explore the breathtaking and dramatic scenery on foot, cycle or by car or, indeed, by scuba. Within half an hour lie Haverfordwest, Fishguard and the smallest City in the UK-St Davids-in the other direction you will find the popular destinations of Tenby and Saundersfoot with the town of Milford Haven just 10 minutes away.
• Located approximately 2.5 miles from Milford Haven
• Public transport by bus is available and the closest rail station is Milford Haven
• The nearest shop is within 100 yards
• Taxi services are available from Milford Haven we have an arrangement with Jock’s Taxis-01646 698818, with a cost of £5.50 for the journey
• Our website www.fieldslodge.co.uk provides pictures of some of our rooms and tariffs
• We do have a brochure, however, we do find that the internet has become our most effective way of advertising
• We can be contacted by telephone or email. Please see the Contact Information section of this document for details.
• Children are welcome, however, we only have one room that could be considered suitable for a family room, which is then very compact.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• It is always useful for us to know your estimated time of arrival
• Our preferred check-in times are either before 1pm or after 4:30pm. We cannot guarantee your room will be ready before 1pm but you can park the car, leave luggage and collect your key
• Parking is at the front of the bungalow, close to the front door which gives access to the property
• There is a parking space for each of our 4 bedrooms but this relies on our guests parking with consideration
• We offer assistance with luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
• There is one step up to the front door
• A hand rail is not currently fitted but there are plans to fit
Public Areas - General Internal
• The ground floor has wood flooring following onto carpet, stairs and landings are carpeted
• The the ground floor bedroom – Sandy Haven Bay – has a wood floor fitted
• The lounge area with fire has no steps to negotiate
• The bungalow is centrally heated throughout and temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements
Public Areas - WC
• Each bedroom has its own WC facilities but there are no WC facilities for public use.
Restaurant / Dining Room
• There is one lounge areas available to guests, with a flat screen TV and DVD player, where a fire is lit on winter evenings
• Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time
• The lounge has a w